This is a detailed, written statement of a specific job, based on the findings from a job analysis. It generally includes duties, purpose, responsibilities, scope, and working conditions of a job along with the job’s title, and the name or designation of the person to whom the employee reports.
- Clarifies employer expectations for employee
- Provides basis of measuring job performance
- Provides clear description of role for job candidates
- Provides a structure and discipline for company to understand and structure all jobs and ensure necessary activities, duties and responsibilities are covered by one job or another
- Provides continuity of role parameters irrespective of manager interpretation
- Enables pay and grading systems to be structured fairly and logically
- Prevents arbitrary interpretation of role content and limit by employee and employer and manager